Piritees was born as a self-expressive apparel line for the bold, unapologetic, and multifaceted person.
You color outside the lines and we love it!
Founder Sandra Martinez, also known as "Bibi", colors outside the lines by championing for an increase in mental health awareness, proudly celebrating black and brown bodies, and speaking up against injustices occurring within marginalized communities. As a native Harlemnite, Bibi has witness firsthand the changes occurring within her beloved community of El Barrio. Gentrification has not only changed the social character and culture of Harlem, but across all 5 boroughs in New York City. Sadly, it’s not just a local issue, but a global issue. By purchasing Piritees “anti-gentrification” apparel and accessories you will show others what you stand for and what you’re fighting against. That you’re rebelling against discrimination, classism, and racism. While, also, taking a stand for equality, affordable housing, and community preservation. In addition, Piritees will be donating a percentage of the proceeds to anti-gentrification organizations based in NYC.
About the founder
When Bibi is not fighting against injustices, most days you can find her at home reading, listening to podcasts, practicing self-care, traveling, or spending quality time with her closest girlfriends.
- Piritees was founded on 06/03/17
- She’s an Afro-Latina of Puerto Rican and Dominican descent from Spanish Harlem.
- She received her Bachelors in Psychology from SUNY New Paltz, and her Masters in Social Work from Stony Brook University. She currently works part time as a LMSW at a non-profit in the Bronx.
- If she could, she would spend all of her money on food, traveling, and supporting Black businesses.
- She lived in Jamaica for 8 months, where she met and married her husband.
- She's been a vegetarian for 8 years.